July 22, 2011

Count your blessings

I just finished reading an article in the August issue of Glamour magazine entitled 'real stories' (pages 127-130, 183). This story is about twins (Kirsten and Will) whose mother dumped them at someone's (Eric Torrez) doorstep and signed over parental rights to this man and his wife. The twins lived with them from age 8 to 19 where they finally were able to escape. Within the 11 years living with the Torrez family they endured all forms of abuse, Kristen bore 4 (yes 4!!) kids for this man. Another story that just crossed my mind is Jaycee Dugard's. Kidnapped at age 11 and abused for 18 years( she also bore 2 kids for her kidnapper). These stories just make me think how blessed I (and you I believe) are for not being in such situations. We grow up with all sorts of problems and issues in our homes and yet we seem to get discouraged and any small turn of events. These people never gave up or allowed these situations to get in their way of living. I strongly believe these people are living testimonies for others to look at and appreciate what we have going on for us. Give it to God, whatever you may be going through. Trust in Him, pick up the pieces and move on for He would never let you down.

1 comment:

  1. Thats quite true. But such is human nature. If you want another example, dont look far, theres Japan and Somalia. Natural disasters like earthquake and drought has killed many. But they didnt choose to be japanese or somalis, nor was it their fault that a natural disaster hit me. I doubt we are more christian than those who lost their lives.Thats quite true. But such is human nature. If you want another example, dont look far, theres Japan and Somalia. Natural disasters like earthquake and drought has killed many. But they didnt choose to be japanese or somalis, nor was it their fault that a natural disaster hit me. I doubt we are more christian than those who lost their lives.

    ReplyDelete