August 15, 2012

Watch your thoughts



We have all been in a situation where we think and end up blurting something we are not supposed to. I seem to be getting into a lot of those lately. In as much as I like to give very silly responses to those questions that are just 'pointless', the Grace to hold back my responses is what makes me a better person and in effect being obedient to God's word. In Phil 4.8 the bible says  Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.(NIV)
 With all the junk literally floating around us its almost impossible to do so yet I believe with a conscious effort it can be done. Submitting your thoughts to God's will is often the first step because trust me you cannot do it on your on. When in situations that call for you saying something otherwise just hold the thought and see if it would edify rather than nullify. God helps. I'm still on the path to perfection n I know one day I'll be a perfect example of His living transformation. It would be great to have you on board too...




Extra Reading:

Proverbs 21:23 

Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.

James 1: 26
 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

2 Corinthians 10: 3-6

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,  being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.

 


Romans 12: 2 
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.






Pic credit: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment